How to Get Started with a Team
1. Checkout the Destination ImagiNation® Timeline for the Program Season
Once you activate your membership, you can download the full version of this document. It can be found in your Team Manager's Guide at IDODI Resource Area
2. Begin by recruiting creative students. Not all students need to be in the gifted program. There is a need for all types of talented students on a DI team - creative writers, technical kids, costume designers, computer experts, artistic wonders, comedians, improv pros and more. You could ask teachers to nominate students who may be interested.
3. Recruit parent/teacher volunteers to be Team Managers - to work with groups of seven students toward the solution to their long-term Team Challenge. (Typically from September - March and beyond). Check out the Destination ImagiNation I DO DI web site for details on recruiting parents, teachers and Team Managers.
4. Hold a meeting with students and/or parents to tell them about the program. Define the scope of the program, what team members and team managers do, the commitment of team members, the calendar of training and competition dates and answer questions.
5. Conduct auditions and form teams and decide which teams will compete in which problem.
6. Explore the 2011-2012 Challenges -- Check out the 6 challenges used in competition this year.
Review the following resources:
7. Purchase your Team Pak from:
8. You or your coordinator will have immediate access to the program challenge information. A complete set will be mailed to you within a week or two.
If you need assistance with registering or activating your membership, please email
9. Register each team with us, Georgia DI. Download and fill out the PDF form and pay fee.
2010 - 2011 Georgia Registration Form The fee is $85 if your completed registration form and fee are received by January 4, 2012. The team may not be listed in the State Tournament program if the registration is received after January 4, 2012.
10. Encourage your teams to pursue the best solution.
11. Check the Georgia DI website often for updates, information and fun!